Friday, April 1, 2022

I'm Not Sure How to Feel About It

Week 7: The Final Countdown

    Gianna titles her last post "I Hate It" so I decided to title mine how I feel about our project at the moment, which is essentially unclear to myself. If you were to ask me how I felt about it this morning though, I would have agreed with GG. Before class, our project looked like a very unclear, amature short film, NOT a film opening. When Gianna brought this up to be, at first I was just frusterated. I almost felt like she thought it was my fault and what she was telling me about it just seemed like she wanted to completely scratch the entire film and make a new one... yeah that wasn't going to happen. After taking an entire 24 hours apart, Gianna and I then got back into class, discussed our feelings, and got on the same page before reorganzing our film (I like to call this therapy).

The order of the scenes before class today went like this:

        1. Nature shot #1
        2. Nature shot #2
        3. Nature shot #3
        4. Bike scene
        5. Entering house/door scene
        6. Sami looking at vinyls
        7. Maxx reading a book
        8. Both girls doing their thing
        9. Maxx gets bored
        10. Wrestle scene
        11. Intimate scene

Please, picture that in your head and imagine it as an opening to a coming-of-age, teen, gay romance movie. Yeah... you can't.

Now, this is how the order is:

        1. Nature shot #1
        2. Nature shot #2
        3. Nature shot #3
        4. Bike scene pt. 1
        5. Neighborhood shot #1
        6. Bike scene pt. 2
        7. Neighborhood shot #2
        8. Bike scene pt. 3
        9. Entering house/door scene
        10. Poster shot #1
        11. Sami looking at vinyls
        12. Poster shot #2
        13. Maxx reading a book
        14. Poster shot #3
        15. Both girls doing their thing
        16. Maxx gets bored
        17. Wrestle scene
        18. Intimate scene

    Okay, so this may seem like there is a lot more going on. But when you watch it all together, it honestly makes it look like there's less happening. It's more focused on establishing setting and characters rather than giving away too much of the storyline. We also decided to choose a blooper for the last scene (fun fact about me: I LOVE when this happens). Gianna and Gianna cracked up at the end of the "intimate" scene. GG and I thought that by using this scene, it doesn't give away that they are in a relationship or that they are queer. The audience has to infer that from the room and through their chemistry. 

    Simplicity. I get it. Just kinda sucks that I just now finally understand it... when our project is due in 3 days... full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated