Sunday, March 27, 2022

I Am Steven

Week 6: Filming Week! 

    I'll start by clarifying that the Steven I refer to in the title of this blog is of course the one and only Speilberg. Through this whole process, I knew what I was doing was essentially being a director, producer, and cinematographer but it wasn't till I wrote yesterday's vlog that I truly felt like I was in the film industry. I am going to break down my entire thought process for your enjoyment now!

Gianna S. and I working together:

As you know, I have explained my fear of rejection and judgment. It has nothing to do with Gianna, she even called me out on it, but I feel like I have been working on it and have been much better and sharing my ideas. To be completely honest, I already knew how it was going to be with me being the camera and Gianna in the scene. I have been working with her since 6th grade and I have come to learn she definitely has control issues (sorry G, I love you!). It's not a bad thing but there definitely were moments of weirdness. I say weirdness because I think Gianna thought I was hurt or offended by her comments but I totally understood. It was as much her project as mine! So Gianna, when you read this, please know that when you told me "no I don't like that" or "switch places with me so I can show you," I did not take it to heart <3

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Location:

We started at Schultz's house to film the bedroom scenes. We needed to make a few adjustments, such as ironically putting her gay flag back in her closet, but other than that her room was perfect just as. She had a record player, angsty teen posters on her wall, and just the right amount of lighting. We then went to Gomez's house to use her bikes (and her mom lol) and the bright, green nature of Weston, Florida.

Me Shooting Nature!

Self-Reflection:

I am pretty proud of myself! I didn't think I would be able to use my own judgment to shoot all of those shots on my own. I know that might sound stupid but I have a lot of self-doubt in this field (even if it is what I want to do for the rest of my life). Being able to film this project (for the most part) completely on my own was so insane to me that it makes my heart full :) :) :)



I Literally Am Spielberg and No One Can Convince Me Otherwise


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated