Saturday, April 2, 2022

Holy Time Crunch

Week 7: The Final Countdown

    I don't want to expose us but let's just say our film is not done yet and it's due in two days... yeah. We are obviously going to finish but all I keep thinking about is how I would have done everything differently. Basically, all we needed were fonts for the credits, music for the entire project, and fixing any shots we didn't like.

    We were picking between three different fonts:


    We ended up choosing Marvin for the credits and Chinchilla for the title. Discovering Adobe fonts may have been the best and worst thing I have ever done... it took us a very long time to find these fonts.

    Music has been a HUGE pain in the butt. We originally didn't want music so we thought we were good! We thought we didn't have to deal with any of the issues all of our friends were dealing with! No. We changed our minds. So I went on the search for royalty free songs and let me tell you, when you search up "royalty free teen gay indie angst songs", not much pops up. I consulted a friend and ask what he did and he informed me that acient songs, a.k.a. songs before 1930, are on the public domain; therefore, totally legal for us to use in our film (shout out to Jack Sussman!!). So we chose "Little Jazz Bird" by George Schwab and Ira Gershwin (very much written in 1924).

    We changed the set up of the opening to what I said we were going to in the last post. Antoher change we were thinking about was possible adding a short voice over the last few shots to tie in the fact that the girls are laughing at the end. I don't know! I guess we'll see. I'll come back to you guys with a complete update as well as a CCR (Creative Critical Reflection) post. It makes me kinda sad that this is one of my last posts... I'll miss you guys :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated