Thursday, March 3, 2022

Maxx and Sami: A Not Boring Love Story

Week 3: Making Ideas Official

    It had been made official: our two main leads are Maxx and Sami! After Gianna dissed me in her blog (link below for reference), I had to clear up some misunderstandings we had about the two characters. Yes, I may have said that I wanted a light versus dark character aesthetic. And yes, this may seem very typical and ordinary. But I would never want to create yet another boring love story where the two characters are polar opposites and are brought together by their inevitable love (BORING!). It was simply my burning love and passion for the show Euphoria getting the best of me. But now that we have cleared up this misinterpretation, Gianna and I have created, some might say, fire mood boards to depict our characters and set a base to create our story.


    
    So these are our characters. Each one with their own unique story. As you can see Maxx has a very grunge and punk aesthetic. She has issues with body dismorphia and is insecure with her sexuality. She also had an absent father which definitely did not help with her problems. Then we have Sami- do different yet so similar. She has a little more soft, earthy grunge. She is extremely scared to come out but is slowly becoming less scared with the help of Maxx. She uses reading and music as a way to escape reality and be in her own world of perfetness.

    I am  very curious to see how we can develop these stories and ba ckground information into a 2 minute film opening. I am having issues with the concept that this is not an entire screenplay but I'm getting there! See you tomorrow with a full story board :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated