Friday, March 4, 2022

The Suckiness of Group Projects

 Week 3: Making Ideas Official

    Okay, so I may have lied. We had a text media essay in class today so we didn't have time to work on our story board in class. So I am going to use this blog as what it should be used for: to rant. 

    I am going to start with my partner, Gianna. And no, this is not going to be a "she sucks" type of rant. It's more of a "I think she thinks I suck." I'm not really sure why but every time I suggest an idea, I automatically assumed she isn't going to like it. And it's not necessarily true but I always get scared to suggest anything because I don't want to let her down (yes, cheesy, I know, blah blah). I just need to get over this fear, basically, and then I can spill all of my ideas out!

    But in the meantime, i will give my ideas to you. So I was thinking of this order for the scenes:

  1. Buzzfeed quizzes

  2. Jamming in the car

  3. Swinging on swings

  4. Looking across at each other

  5. Riding bikes

  6. Dancing on the street

  7. Out hair behind ear

         8. Complicated title

    These scenes are based on the outline we created last week (as shown in "It's Complicated?" entry). I think this order of the scenes would be really cute. I am a sucker for a good love story so we need to make sure this doesn't look tacky and unoriginal. Also, the way I ordered them allows us to develop the idea of going from a platonic relationship to representing their more romantic relationship. For the first scene, my idea was to start it on the magazine open covering Maxx's face and then she puts it down and we pan it to Sami who's also taking it. Then we can see the quiz that says something gay- obviously. I'm not sure if this scene should be first now that I think of it, since this would automatically hint to their relationship, but I like the idea of it.

    That's it for now. Hopefully next time i will have a story board for you and will have gotten rid of my fear of rejection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated