Thursday, March 10, 2022

Psychology Lesson: Fixation

 Week 4: Beginning to Form a Film

    I know that the title of last week's week was "making ideas official" but this wouldn't be a media class without constant change! Between essays and guests speakers and walkouts, Gianna and I haven't had any time to work on or discuss our project. So when I walked into class on Wednesday, I was completely shocked to hear Gianna say something along the lines of "let's completely change every idea we have settled on."

    This class has made me realize how fixated my brain gets on mental images. Because in reality, Gianna's new idea had components of my original idea, and as I mentioned in an earlier blog post, it took me a while to change my vision once it fixated on something. And now I had to change my ENTIRE perception back and retrace. And yes, I didn't HAVE to but she made an excellent point when she said that we should not do a montage so we need to make the scenes flow better.

Storyboard actual

  1. Girls on the swing

    1. Long shot

  2. Maxx’s converse

    1. Close up

  3. Samis converse

    1. Close up

  4. Maxx gripping swing and looking at Sami

    1. Close up

  5. Sami gripping swing and looking at Maxx

    1. Close up

  6. Looking at each other than sprinting

    1. Long shot

  7. Develop intimacy while they get to bike

  8. Riding bikes and laughing

    1. Long shot

  9. Dropping bikes and running into the house

    The above is a copy and paste from our ideas document. It's what we created together in class for the little time we did get to work. I liked it but when I got home, I thought about it more and realized it was still too much. for a film opening, I feel like it needs to be 2 minutes in 1, MAYBE 2, locations and really establish location, characters, and relationships. by changing scenes so many times, each scene will be bared 10 seconds each and the audience will not get out the intended purpose. 

    I spoke to my sister (who is absolutely killing it in the film industry in L.A) and she gave me her thoughts on our project. it makes me really happy to see my sister enjoy my work. the more we work on it, the more I assure myself that this is what I want to study in college... although it absolutely terrifies me to think about. Hopefully tomorrow we will have the long-awaited finalized storyboard, as well as any updates, but realistically, I will update you all on what interruption we were surprised with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated