Friday, March 11, 2022

The Long Awaited Progress Update

 Week 4: Beginning to Form a Film

    Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! Oh, wait, it's PROGRESS! If you are updated on all my blogs, you will have noticed that Gianna and I have been at a standstill when it comes to our project. We have had constant interferences that have blocked us from creating any decisions and leaving our ideas to sit and alter. But today, we worked the entirety of the class, creating a storyboard, establishing a filming schedule, and assigned positions for the credits.

    First update: the storyboard. Gianna has made me realize many things about myself. Today, I have realized that I am not good at doodling drawing. But to be honest, neither is she, but that is why we are filmmakers and not artists! I thought to make it more of an opening and not a film, we needed to take out the park scene. It was cute but for a 2-minute film opening, it needs to focus more on establishing the setting, relationships, and characters. We start the opening with three shots that establish the location. We are filming in Pembroke Pines, Florida, so we wanted to set the scene representing the nature and freeness that comes from it. As the story continues, we made it so that the relationship between Sami and Maxx becomes intimate with each scene. They also start physically very far from each other (on their bikes) and end very close to each other (on the floor, faces near each other). I like how it looks but due to recent trends, it is extremely subject to change.

Story Board: Rough Draft


Story Board: Slightly Less Rough Draft

    I'm am really happy with how it is looking. I also am feeling better about my ideas. Gianna and I have been working together well, although we have had slight scheduling conflicts. In my next post, I will tell you guys when we plan on filming and who gets to have what job (sneak peek: one of us is playing a lead!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated