Sunday, March 13, 2022

Running Down the Logistics

Week 4: Beginning to Form a Film

    We're getting close, the moment we've been waiting for, actually filming "It's Complicated". But we can't just grab a camera, point it at someone, and wait till something happens. We need to plan out exactly the "who, what, where"s of our project and we have pretty much have it down.

WHO: We have our two leads, Sami and Maxx. We have chosen to have our friend, Gianna Gomez, play Sami. Gianna, Gianna, and I were in theater together in middle school and she has always been the sort of underdog actress I wanted for the role of Sami. And for Maxx, we have decided that out very own Gianna Schultz will be playing her. Both Gianna's are extremely talented but they also have amazing chemistry on and off the stage. I have seen them play roles off each other and I love how their dynamics work. 

WHAT: For our film opening, AICE requires us to include our credits in some way, shape, or form; therefore, here is what we have so far:

    Maxx- Gianna Schultz

    Sami- Gianna Gomez

    Director- Gianna Schultz, Hannah Ackermann (that's me!)

    Cinematographer- Hannah Ackermann (that's also me!)

    Production Assistant- Zoe Reimer

WHERE: Originally, we wanted a more rural city, like Miami, to fit the more "queer teen angst" vibe we are trying to create. But after discussing it, and remembering Gianna is an angsty queer teen, we decided we are going to her room and neighborhood as our location. Her room is exactly what I pictured Maxx's room to be and honestly, I'm disappointed I didn't think of it sooner. 

    We plan on filming Thursday, March 17th, after school and Friday, March 18th, for the whole day. That's not finalized yet but we wanted to film then so we can edit over spring break. Exciting things are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Week 8: We're Done! Enjoy my Creative Critical Reflection! <3 Creative Critical Reflection: It's Complicated